I saw this card on Kelly Acheson's blog and had to do it! I met Kelly on one of the fabulous Stampin' Up! cruises about 3 years ago. This card made me laugh out loud! We did this at our demonstrator meeting this month.
Don't look too closely at the saying...as I smeared it right away! My hint....use the STAZ-ON BLACK INK PAD rather than the BASIC BLACK INK PAD for all of your black stamping! That STAZ-ON INK does not smear! Oh well....as we say...."there are no mistakes in stamping...only embellishment opportunities!" Plus I like to show little glitches like this as people often say what a "perfect stamper" I am. That is not the case at all!
Here are the items I used:
- clear circle die #114533 - read red cardstock
- modern label punch #119849 - basic black cardstock (2 of these - cut the very end off)
- heart to heart punch #119881 - real red cardstock (just 1 for the tuft of hair!)
- 2 1/2" circle punch #120906 - crumb cake cardstock
- 1/2" circle punch #119869 - basic black cardstock (2 for eyes)
- 1 3/8 circle punch #119860 - whisper white cardstock (2 for eyes)
- 1 3/8 square punch #119877 - just need 1/2 of one for beak (sponge with more mustard)
- 1 1/4" square punch #119865 - just need 1/2 for bottom of beak (sponge again)
So what do you think....doesn't it look real??
Have a great day! Lori :)
Order $50 of products and get FREE stuff!!